Become a Member
Why Give? | Donate | Become a Volunteer | Host a Community Event | Employment Opportunities | Student Placements
Thank you for considering to join our community.Members initiate positive change for those living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Collectively, we can create a world where all people living with autism can reach their full potential.
A new program called Autism Aviators launched in May 2017 at the Halifax Stanfield Airport.
Membership offers many benefits, both to yourself and our organization. Your annual membership fee goes directly towards supporting the resources and programming Autism Nova Scotia offers for the autism community throughout the province.
When you become a member of Autism Nova Scotia, you join a community of like-minded individuals looking to change the province for the better. Built on a foundation of support, understanding, acceptance, and inclusion, our members play a direct role in our advocacy by providing the financial support necessary to continue our efforts.
Membership is about more than money. We are able to offer the following benefits to our members:
Please note: Members of Autism Nova Scotia from all Chapters will receive a subscription to the monthly e-newsletter and be given a car window decal. All other member benefits apply to the Halifax region only. As Autism NS continues to grow, so do our membership benefits! We hope to be able to offer more as we expand throughout the province.
- Monthly e-newsletter providing you with the latest Autism NS news
- Invitation to the Annual General Meeting and voting rights at the meeting
- FREE or discounted admission to our workshops and courses
- VIP advance access to workshop, program, and course registration
- Access to our iPad lending library & resource centre
- Car window decal
- A digital edition of Autistics Aloud, the quarterly magazine produced by and for Autistic individuals
- Appreciation discounts at numerous community partner and social enterprise locations (including Promise of a Pearl and many others!) -- If you own or operate a business interested in becoming a community partner, please email us at email@example.com!
Our Halifax office is full of friendly facesMembership Options (annual fee)
We offer a wide variety of membership options to cater to your individual, professional, or organization's needs:
Become a Member Today!
- Autistic Adult: $5.00 (only accept cash or cheque at the head office)
- Student: $10.00
- Family: $25.00
- Professional: $50.00
- Organization: $100.00
- Special honorary and legacy membership may be awarded as well
Joining our community is simple. All you need to do is fill out the online membership form
. If you are paying with cheque, please fill out the online registration form and send the cheque to our head office, ATTN: Membership Coordinator.
If you're in the area, feel free to stop by our head office! You can fill out a membership form in-person.
Any questions or concerns can be addressed to Jenny Tyler, Membership Coordinator, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.