Autism is a complex disorder with many facets. Public awareness of the features of autism and how it impacts the lives of those living with ASD and the others around them helps to promote acceptance and inclusion. Autism Nova Scotia offers the following types of education.
We provide info sessions upon request to different community and professional groups. We have a general Autism 101 presentation or we can tailor something more specific for your particular group. We have created presentations for:
- Elementary and secondary school classrooms
- Elementary and secondary school staff
- Residential care, small options homes, group home staff
- First responders (fire, police, emergency responders)
- Service clubs and local community groups
From September to June we host Education Sessions, bringing in presenters to share information relevant to the Autism Community. These are usually held in an evening for 2 – 3 hours. Occasionally we hold a multipart workshop to cover a larger topic. Schedule can be found here.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org