is an employment program for adults with ASD who are out of high school, up to age 29. The program consists of twice weekly sessions comprised of structured, tailored content aimed at employment and social skill building. Participants also get the chance to sample various types of employment through job-shadowing at a minimum of 4 locations throughout HRM. A few key goals of EmploymentWorks
are to increase community engagement by promoting benefits for the workplace, expand workplace hiring and accommodation practices, empower individuals to build skills and reach employment goals, and build confidence. Evaluation tools are used to assess the effectiveness of the program and participant goals.
Eligibility criteria for EmploymentWorks
- Formal diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Out of high school, up to age 29
- Valid Social Insurance Number
- Not receiving EI benefits
- Able to commit to 14 weeks
- Looking for employment
- Fall program will run in September 2016. Max 8 participants.
- Winter program will run in January, 2017. Max 8 participants.
- Accepting referrals now.
Applications and information:
- If you’d like to participate in EmploymentWorks, please contact Jamie-Lynn Hill, Clinical Supervisor, at 902.593.1015, or email email@example.com for more information.
We've created a survey for if you are interested in EmploymentWorks
and want to see if you are ready to apply! Click here to take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GTC9GJH