Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) Club
The Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) Club is a new pilot program that Autism Nova Scotia will be offering starting in February, 2017 for adults with autism ages 18 and up. What is D&D?
“D&D is the first fantasy roleplaying game, in which players are characters in an ongoing fantasy story. This new kind of game has become immensely popular over the years. The core of D&D is storytelling. You and your friends tell a story together, guiding your heroes through quests for treasure, battles with deadly foes and daring rescues.” (Wizards of the Coast LLC, n.d.) About the D&D Club
D&D Club will bring together adults with autism who share similar interests in fantasy and role-playing based games weekly to play D&D. Each group will be led by a Dungeon Master (DM) and supported by another volunteer. Groups will range in size from 3-5 participants.
Participants will learn how to develop their characters while interacting and socializing with peers in a safe supportive environment.
We will be using the 5th Edition of Dungeons and Dragons. Activities will include:
- developing characters
- role playing
- interacting with peersThis program is part of a research study through Saint Mary’s University on social skill development through roleplaying based games. Taking part in the study component is optional. Opting out of the study will not impact the participant’s enrollment in the program itself.
D&D Club Registration Opening January 23
Program InformationWhere: Autism Nova Scotia (5945 Spring Garden Rd.)
When: Group meets once a week (Mondays or Tuesdays) from February to the end of March at Autism Nova Scotia from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- The application process is done online. Interested participants will be able to complete and their application online on the day of registration; the form will be available here on the day registration opens.
- All applications will be processed based on the time stamp in which they were submitted. From there, all applicants will be contacted within one week regarding their application’s status.
Please make sure to read the following BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION FORM.
· Leave yourself 40-45 minutes to complete the application form.
· There is NO option to save the applications once you start, please make sure you are able to complete them in full
- partially completed application will not be considered.D&D Registration Form
Click Here for D&D Club Registration Form
This program is expected to fill quickly as there are limited spaces available. All applications forms are time stamped based upon arrival and processed in that order. Because of the high volume of interested people in this program we cannot hold spots. Completing an application form does not necessarily guarantee you a spot; you will be contacted in a few weeks regarding your application’s status.
For more information, please contact Yevonne Le Lacheur, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.446.4995 ext.30