QuickStart Nova Scotia
Autistics Aloud | Employment & Post-Secondary Support | Family, Respite, and Community Support | Social and Inclusive Programming | Navigate by Age Group
QuickStart Nova Scotia is a program delivered by Autism Nova Scotia, in partnership with IWK Health Centre, Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres, Nova Scotia Early Childhood Development Intervention Services, and Nova Scotia Health Authority.
It is a one-on-one 19-week parent-coaching program delivered at no cost to families of toddlers with a suspected, provisional, or confirmed diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The program involves parents meeting weekly with a member of our interdisciplinary team, which is comprised of an Occupational Therapist, a Speech Language Pathologist, and four Parent Coaches.
The QuickStart Nova Scotia program team is actively looking for participants for its pilot phase. During this phase, the program is offered in the Halifax Regional Municipality and delivered in English only.
Eligibility for the pilot program:
(1) Child must have a suspected, provisional, or confirmed diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder;
(2) Child must be between the ages of 12 and 31 months at the start of the program;
(3) Participants must make a minimum commitment of one immediate caregiver to be in attendance for the course of the program;
(4) Participants must reside in the Halifax Regional Municipality; and
(5) Participants cannot be enrolled in more than 10 hours of services elsewhere.
For more information about QuickStart, please contact:
Samantha Herberman, QuickStart Supervisor
902-593-1015 ext. 306