The Compass: Job Seeker Database
Autistics Aloud | Employment & Post-Secondary Support | Family, Respite, and Community Support | QuickStart Nova Scotia | Social and Inclusive Programming | Person Directed Planning Program
THE COMPASS: NAVIGATING YOUR PATH TO SUCCESS
Are you on the autism spectrum?
Are you 16 years of age or older, looking for employment or need a little extra support in your post-secondary studies?
Do you live in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM)?
Autism Nova Scotia is proud to partner with Ready, Willing and Able to build a more inclusive labour force that leverages the skills of people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Our local Autism Outreach Coordinator can support you in navigating your path to success. We can help you identify and connect to the supports you may need:
- to help you prepare for, find and be successful on-the-job
- to help you with your post-secondary studies (e.g. coursework and accommodations needed to complete an internship or field placement)
The Compass is a short online questionnaire and is the first step in connecting to the local Autism Outreach Coordinator. In completing The Compass you will be asked questions about your employment, education history and your experience with employment services and supports in your community.
It should take about 10 minutes to complete this brief questionnaire. If you would prefer to speak to the local Autism Outreach Coordinator directly to help you complete this questionnaire over the phone, please contact: Katelyn Junus, Autism Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com
After completing the questionnaire, the local Autism Outreach Coordinator will then follow up with you by phone or email to arrange a time to meet (either in-person or virtually) to learn more about your support needs and work with you to connect you to post-secondary supports, employment supports and/or paid employment opportunities in your community.
Before completing The Compass questionnaire there are a few important considerations that you should know.
- Ready, Willing and Able is a partnership initiative between the Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL) and the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA). The program is governed and managed by an executive committee and national team that we refer to as the RWA Program. RWA’s The Compass is owned by CASDA, an Ontario entity. RWA uses Simple Survey as the service provider to host The Compass questionnaire. As such, personal information collected through The Compass is stored with a provider (Simple Survey) in Canada.
- By completing this questionnaire, you are acknowledging that you identify as an individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder and consent to sharing this information with CASDA.
- By completing this questionnaire, you will be sharing your contact information with the RWA team and consent to being contacted by a local RWA team member.
- By completing this questionnaire, you represent and warrant to us that you are: (a) an individual seeking supports and are not completing the questionnaire on behalf of any other individual without their consent and (b) 16 years of age or older
- All personal information collected will be retained by RWA for the duration of the initiative. Upon formal completion of the initiative, any and all identifying information (including your name and contact information) will be deleted or destroyed.
- With your consent, CASDA will collect and use some of the data gathered in this brief questionnaire for research purposes. In collecting this data, RWA aims to develop a better understanding of the current employment and support experiences of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder with the ultimate goal of improving what employment supports are available and how they are delivered to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Any identifying information (including your name and contact information) will be removed from the research database, making it highly unlikely that researchers, or anyone viewing published research results, could identify you or any other person or employer on the basis of the data. This data would be accessible by the research team approved by Ready, Willing and Able and CASDA, for use in the broader evaluation of the Ready, Willing and Able initiative. The database would not be publicly accessible, nor will anything in it be used for non-research or commercial purposes.
Click here to access The Compass
Please Note: IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THIS FORM, PLEASE CALL 902-210-2537 OR EMAIL KATELYN AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Funded by the Government of Canada, RWA is a national partnership initiative between the Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL) and the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA) that is working to increase the labour force participation of people with an intellectual disability or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).